Ok...enough fluff. What's new you ask? LOTS! Kate has really been enjoying school, and comes home every day with a new story of what she did, who she met, etc. I also think Andrea is enjoying ditching her for a couple hours a couple times a week, but it really does give her and Lauren some alone time, whether it's to go for a quick swim, a workout, or just a coffee, it's truly easier when only hauling one around.
I had a conference in San Antonio this past week, so, in the name of saving the family (and myself), I arranged to have Aunty Lou come up for 5 days, to give Andrea a hand. It is always great to be able to spend time with her, and she absolutely loves the girls. And to say the girls love having her around would be a huge understatement....it's really a win-win. But the girls definitely keep her on her toes. When I talked to Aunty Lou from San Antonio, her comment was "Wow....they sure are busy". That's the REALLY polite way of saying the girls are crazy and I don't know how you do it, but Aunty Lou could never utter a bad word!

Aunty Lou and Kate

NO chance getting both to cooperate!!
The kids have also started gymnastics - or should I say that Kate is learning new ways to flip/spin and Lauren is participating in an hour or organized chaos. Either way, it's yet another activity that gets everyone out of the house and keeps them active. What's neat to see is now Kate has to do things "without Mom", as once you're 3, they seem to be off with a teacher on their own. At first she was a tad leery, but warmed up in about 24 seconds and is loving her gymnastics. Lauren just hangs with Andrea and tears the gym apart......she's still afraid of NOTHING!!!!!
Gymnastics Garb.....
And then there's Lauren and corn.....still one of her favourites!!!!!
...what the?
Take THAT!
....and a few misc "pre-Halloween" shots of Kate, Daniel, and Lauren in the basement with gear from the dress-up box

Lauren as Pooh
Silly Daniel (and now Kate as Pooh)
Where has my little girl gone??
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Ideas? Feedback? Please pass them on and I'll be sure Andrea gets on fixing things!!